Specially formulated for all biological Beadfilters.
Like most types of mechanical/biological filters, bead filters rely on the use of a media that provides a high surface area/volume ratio.
This allows for support of the necessary amount of biomass, in the form of a biofilm, to properly remove organic and inorganic waste from the water, making it suitable for fish and other normal aquatic life.
- Rapid establishment of organic removal capabilities
- Rapid establishment of nitrogen cycling including nitrification and denitrification
- Reduces buildup of residue on the filter, decreasing maintenance and improving filter efficiency by avoiding channeling
- Rapid recovery of filter after use of medications and antibiotics
- Breakdown of residual medications, like tree oils and formalin products, which are inhibitory to most bacteria after use
- Effective over a wide pH range
- Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by algae, fish, waste, and urine
- Reduces hydrogen sulfide, which causes strong, offensive odors
Within the biofilm it is possible to carry out aerobic, facultative anaerobic, anaerobic and chemosynthetic process if all the necessary bacterial species are present.
Consequently, for these filter to function it is necessary to have proper numbers and distribution of species Microbe-Lift/ Super Start contains aerobic heterotrophs, facultative abaerobes, anaerobic and chemotrophic bacteria capable of carrying out all of the necessary processes for optimum performance of bead filters.